Offers Over £250,000
Mumrills Farmhouse Laurieston, Falkirk, FK2 9QR
- CLOSING DATE 12 NOON 29TH JULY
- Subdivided into four one bedroom apartments
- Extensive grounds and walled garden
- Semi-rural location
- Peaceful and private property
- Panoramic views towards the Ochil hills
- Suitable for conversion into an extensive family home (subject to obtaining the necessary consents)
- Total Site Area 0.38 Hectares (0.96 acres)
A rare opportunity to acquire a Category B listed farmhouse in Central Scotland, currently a portfolio of four apartments.
Mumrills Farm is an old farming settlement, dating to at least the 18th century, with the present buildings dating from the earlier 19th century. Mumrills Farm forms part of the Callendar estate, however it is marked on the early 19th century plans as being part of the Kinneil Estate. The farm passed into the possession of the Kerse estate during the earlier 19th century and was farmed by a Mr Robert Walker at this time, who built the adjoining subjects for sale. This classical farmhouse, demonstrates some fine ashlar detailing and the remains of formally planned grounds, is thought to be the work of the celebrated Glasgow architect David Hamilton, one of Scotlands most celebrated architects of the 19th century. It is understood that Mumrills House was built sometime between 1825 and 1835. The largest fort on the Antonine Wall was located at the east end of Laurieston on the site of former Mumrills Farm.
Mumrills Farmhouse is accessed via a private driveway shared with the neighbouring farm and to be retained by Callander Estates. A driveway sweeps around the front of this attractive sandstone Category B-Listed farmhouse which lies under a slate roof. The property was divided into four one bedroom self-contained apartments some years ago however the property is presented as a potential development project subject to obtaining the necessary consents. Mumrills may lend itself to being reinstated as a fine family home with Georgian proportions and original period features including some working shutters, sash and case windows, ornate ceiling roses and cornicing. The subjects occupy a generous site of some 0.96 acre, including the confines of an attractive former walled garden, and further extensive garden grounds containing a number of specimen trees and herbaceous borders.